Hello Incoming Third Grade Students & Parents!
Below is our Required 2019 Summer Reading List :
CHOOSE TWO BOOKS FROM THIS LIST AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS BELOW:
Freckle Juice, by Judy Blume
Amelia Bedelia, by Peggy Parish
Thunder Cake, by Patricia Polacco
The Paper Boy, by Dav Pilkey
Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire, by Gordon Korman
1. Read two books from the above list. (Read a little each day. Don't wait. Start right away to keep your good habit of reading every single day).
2. Create a book report for each of these books. Include the following in your book report:
* A Cover (your cover should include: your full name, the title of the book, the author, an illustration is optional).
* A list of the main characters and a description of the setting
* A three paragraph essay: a beginning (an introduction to your report), a middle paragraph that retells the story, and an ending or conclusion that describes what you thought about the book (a review).
I can answer any questions you may have throughout the summer via email.
The list below contains titles of popular books which students consistently enjoy.
Your town librarian will also have suggestions.
An hour of reading a day is suggested: books, maps, magazines, picture books, newspapers, comic books, are all sources for reading.
1. Henry Huggins, by Beverly Cleary
2. Muggie Maggie, by Beverly Cleary
3. Ramona Quimby, Age 8, by Beverly Cleary
4. Superfudge, by Judy Blume
5. Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great, by Judy Blume
6. Mr. Popper’s Penguins, by Richard Atwater
7. Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective, by Donald Sobol
8. The Giving Tree, by Shell Silverstien
9. Magic Tree House series, by Mary Pope Osborne
10. Bruce Coville books and/or Matt Christopher books
11. It’s Raining Pigs and Noodles, by Jack Prelutsky
12. Little House in the Big Woods, by Laura Ingalls Wilder
13. The Boxcar Children series, by Gertrude Chandler Warner
14. Nate the Great, by Marjorie Sharmat
15. F is for Freedom, by Kathryn Laslay
16. Goosebumps – Ghost Camp, by R. L. Sine
17. The Twits, by Roald Dahl
18. The Witches, by Roald Dahl
19. Baseball Pals, by Matt Christopher
20. Swamp Monster in 3rd grade, by Debbie Dadey