READING LIST: HOLES by Louis Sachar , OR A DOG'S PURPOSE,
PLUS: ONE PERSONAL CHOICE BOOK
TOTAL: 2 Books, at the least
Students must take notes on the books. Notes should be written for
every three to five chapters and kept in a notebook. Notes should include:
overall summary and your opinion/reaction to events that have taken place.
Notes must be hand written, TYPED NOTES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Challenge yourself!!! Try reading a classic. Extra Credit will be
offered for any classic book, OR any informational NON-FICTION work.
This may include a biography or an autobiography of a person who has
made contributions in (science) or for our country, (history) or any other
aspect of life.
A Test/Project will be given on the book you have read in September
An oral presentation on your personal choice book will also be due
TOTAL BOOKS BEING READ: Two
Seventh Grade Suggested Reading List
1. Treasure Island (unabridged), by Robert Louis Stevenson
2. The Big Wave, by Pearl S. Buck
3. The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
4. Old Yeller, by Fred Gipson
5. The Red Pony, by John Steinbeck
6. The Old Man and the Sea, by Earnest Hemingway
7. The Trumpeter of Krakow, by Eric Kelly
8. Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain
9. Holes, by Louis Satcher
10. The Artemis Fowel Series, by Eoin Colfer
11. Stargirl, Jerry Spinelli
Links to Grade 7 Science and Math: